I'm Fabio, a Passionate Solutions Architect and Application Developer with 15+ years of experience. Always enjoying creating quality web applications and web portals using cutting-edge technologies.
Throughout the years I’ve worked in different markets and industries, covering different roles, here’s a quick summary of my career path:
- Freelance, allowed to be comfortable working with the UI/UX (User Interface / User Experience) side and improve the communication with the clients.
- Employee, gave a huge experience of team and company dynamics, it also helped growing on the technical side by using different stacks, frameworks and methodologies.
- Startupper, increased my flexibility and versatility, by covering different topics such as marketing, sales, management, financial planning, accounting and bookkeeping, and much more.
- Chief, responsible for the whole IT area: from the physical infrastructure (mixed bare-metal and cloud servers) to the application architecture (web and mobile), from Projects Management to IT Recruiting, from writing procedures and policies to their implementation (eg. GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation).
Thanks to my background, I'm totally confident working either alone or in a team, remotely or on-site, in building web applications and web portals by following the best practices with a particular attention to Maintainability, Scalability, Reliability, and Performances.
Working in several positions, from Software Developer to Frontend/Backend Developer, from Sysadmin to Team Leader, allowed me to work on each layer of a web application, covering the whole life-cycle from initial requirements gathering to design, planning, coding, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintenance.
During the tech career I've managed to build these core strengths:
- Tech Stack Flexibility
- Productivity Orientation
- Work Passion
- Continuous Learning
- Problem-Solving Mindset
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Performance Optimisation
- Software Maintainability
Constantly looking for opportunities and challenges to improve my skills while providing creative and high-quality solutions.
Chief Technology Officer
Working on new strategies to, continuously, improve the quality of the technical projects and make the internal process leaner. Took charge of the whole IT architecture in a very short time and built a team from scratch for the Head Quarter in Rome. Worked directly on the optimisation of the architecture in terms of uptime, on the implementation of a geographical nodes redundancy in order to manage any downtime on the Data Centers, on the tech stack upgrade process (dated 2013), on the optimisation of the loading times, and on the implementation of the GDPR Policies.
Chief Technical Officer and Lead Developer, Software Architect, Agile (SCRUM, XP) Facilitator, System Administrator, Recruiter.
Ansible Apache ElasticSearch Foreman Galera GitLab GitLab CI Kanban MariaDB MaxScale Nginx Percona Proxmox ProxySQL PHP Redis Symfony 3 Varnish
Lead Developer & Owner
Created an aggregation platform for programming courses and events, in many countries, focused on developers. Took care of all the product aspects, from the IT architecture to the planning, and the implementation of marketing and sales strategies, from the scouting process of providers, clients and partners to the relationships management, from budget management to the hiring process in several areas.
DXpertise is an IT training course aggregation platform that allow developers to find the best courses available on the market. The platform is made by developers for developers with the aim to increase the knowledge level of each one of us in order to make the whole industry better, more challenging, more qualified, more satisfying, and more fun! Want to prove yourself and get better? Join us, we are going to help you achieving it.
AdWords Capistrano CSS DigitalOcean ElasticSearch HTML5 Mandrill MariaDB Microdata & Microformats MixPanel Nginx PHP 7 RabbitMQ Redis SEO Schema.org SparkPost Symfony 3
Learned the internal processes and technology stack of Immobiliare.it in order to replicate it to LuxuryEstate.com and mentor the team who was working on the project. We’ve managed to work on a restyle of the UI and write from scratch the whole codebase. The whole team managed to learn new approaches such as code reviews, kanban boards, morning standup meetings and advanced tools such as Apache Thrift, Capistrano, GitLab, Grunt, PHP 7, Symfony 3, WebPack.
Apache Thrift Capistrano Code Review CSS GitLab GitLab CI Grunt HHVM Kanban Board MariaDB PHP7 Standup Meetings Webpack XHProf
Introduced some improvements related to the internal technical processes, especially adopting agile methodologies, unit and functional tests, advanced code versioning. As a tech lead on some internal projects I’ve taken care of several phases of their lifecycle such as requirements gathering and estimation of the user-stories, code-reviews and post-releases retrospectives.
Some of the clients I dealt with: Autotrader, Trader Media, Golden Pages IE, 192.com.
Working in a team to develop a cutting edge real-time statistic system, then, after few months, I became the Lead Developer of the project, reporting direct to the CTO. My everyday duties were basically technical project management, product planning and code development.
Some of the clients I dealt with: ModelZone, Staples, Chemist Direct.
Web Developer / Project Tech Lead
Working as Lead Developer to a big project, reporting directly to the CTO. My everyday duties and responsibilities were basically technical project management, customer relationships, internal / external training, team management (3 Developers, 1 Art Director, 1 Sys Admin, 1 Account, 1 Quality Assurance), and code development.
Some of the clients I dealt with: San Raffaele, Policlinico Campus Biomedico, Samsung.
Working on showcase web sites and custom web applications, interfacing directly with the clients and taking care of every single step of the development, from the kick off to the delivery of the projects.
Some of the clients I dealt with: Studio Baggio, TBS srl, Good Night and Good Luck, OCE srl, Cilia Bus, Comet Expo.
Working on the development, from scratch, of the front-end side of a user management system integrated into all the websites in the Excite network and deployed in 6 different countries (UK, Germany, Spain, France, Netherlands and Italy).
- Management of channels Video, Bynight, MIX and Blog of Excite
- Creation of user management system (frontend side) of Excite
- Maintenance of the sites of Excite Europe Network, the Network NanoPublishing and corporate sites
- Maintenance of a system for tracking ROI
Web / Software Developer
Managed and maintained two live core products, one e-commerce website and one travelling online community.
- StockInformatica (http://www.stockinformatica.com)
- ItalianCamper (http://www.italiancamper.com)
- NoPayZone (http://www.nopayzone.com)
THE ITALIAN TOUCH
CSS HTML MySQL PHP
Hardware / Software Consultant
CSS Hardware HTML Visual Basic 6
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (SAA)
- Design Resilient Architectures
- Define Performant Architectures
- Specify Secure Applications and Architectures
- Design Cost-Optimized Architectures
- Define Operationally Excellent Architectures
ACL API Gateway Aurora CloudFormation CloudFront CloudWatch DynamoDB EBS EC2 ECS EFS ELB Elastic Transcoder Elasticache Glacier IAM Kinesis Lambda Polly RDS RedShift Route53 S3 SNS SQS SWF Snowball VPC
AWS Well-Architected Training
- Describe the Well-Architected pillars, features, and common uses of the Well-Architected Framework.
- Understand the design principles, key services, and best practices for each pillar.
- Understand how to use the Well-Architected Framework to review your architecture.
AWS Technical Professional (Digital)
- Introduction to AWS
- AWS Services
- AWS Architecture
- AWS Solutions
AWS Infrastructure overview Analytics Application Services Artificial Intelligence Big Data Cloud Migrations Cloud computing overview Compute Database DevOps Developer Tools Enterprise Applications Fault Tolerance and High Availability IoT Management Tools Migration Mobile Applications Networking Security Architecture Security, Identity and Compliance Storage Well Architected Framework
Become a Ethical Hacker
- Ethical Hacking: Overview
- Introduction to Web Design and Development
- Learning Cryptography and Network Security
- Troubleshooting Your Network with Wireshark
- Learning Bash Scripting
- Learning Kali Linux
- Ethical Hacking: Footprinting and Reconnaissance
- Ethical Hacking: Denial od Service
- Ethical Hacking: System Hacking
- Ethical Hacking: Scanning Networks
- Ethical Hacking: Enumeration
- Ethical Hacking: Social Engineering
- Ethical Hacking: Sniffers
- Ethical Hacking: Session Hijacking
- Ethical Hacking: Viruses and Worms
- Ethical Hacking: Wireless Networks
- Ethical Hacking: Trojans and Backdoors
- Ethical Hacking: Website and Web Application Testing
- Ethical Hacking: Perimeter Defenses
- Ethical Hacking: Penetration Testing
Become a DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Foundations
- DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Code
- Learning Docker
- Chef Essential Training
- Learning Puppet
- Learning Chef
- Learning Kubernetes
- DevOps Foundations: Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration
- Learning Software Version Control
- DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agile
- DevOps Foundations: DevSecOps
Abao CAMS Chef CloudFormation Containers Continuous Delivery Continuous Deployment Continuous Integration DevSecOps Docker Gauntlt Git Immutable Deployments Infrastructure as Code Kaizen Kubernetes Lambda Mercurial Nexus Perforce Puppet Robot Rundeck Serverless Subversion TFS Vagrant
Become a Manager
- New Manager Foundations
- Hiring Your Team
- Onboarding New Hires
- Delegating Tasks
- Leading Productive Meetings
- Performance Review Foundations
- Building Accountability Into Your Culture
- Managing for Results
- Rewarding Employees
Accountability Coaching Delegation Hiring Process Interview Leadership Managing for Results Onboarding Performance Review Productive Meetings Responsibility Rewards
Become a React Native Developer
- Learning React Native
- React Native Essential Training
- Create a CRM Mobile Application with React Native
- React Native Ecosystem and Workflow
- Building Material Design Apps on Android with React Native
Animations Deco IDE Deploy DevTools Firebase Flexbox Forms Fundamentals Gestures Jest Lodash Material Design NativeBase Nuclide Platform API React Native Debugger Redux Storybook
Become a Network Administrator
- Networking Foundations: Networking Basics
- Networking Foundations: IP Addressing
- Networking Foundations: Network Media (LANs)
- Networking Foundations: Network Media (WANs)
- Networking Foundations: Protocols and CLI Tools
- Protecting Your Network with Open-Source Software
- Learning IP Addressing
- Learning Network Troubleshooting
- Learning Subnetting
- Learning the Packet Delivery Process
- Learning IPv6
- Advanced Cisco Routing: RIPv2, EIGRP, and OSPF
- Troubleshooting Your Network with Wireshark
- Learning Cisco CLI Switch Configuration
- Learning Cisco CLI Router Configuration
- Cert Prep: Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (100-105)
ARP CLI Tools Cisco CLI DHCP DNS EIGRP FTP Firewall HTTP(S) ICMP IDS IMAP IPv4 IPv6 LAN NAT Network Devices Network Medias OSI model OSPF PAN POP RIPv2 RTP SIP SMB SMTP SNMP SSH Subnetting TCP/IP model TCP TFTP Topologies UDP VLAN WAN WINS Wireshark
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
IWA – CWP – Application Developer
Zend Certified Engineer
- PHP Basics
- Data Formats and Types
- Web Features
- Strings and Patterns
- Databases & SQL
- Error Handling
University of Rome Tor VergataDegree Not Completed
Fabio was a great asset to my technical team from the outset. He possesses a solid and up to date technical understanding of web development, best practises and Agile methodologies and has a critical mindset when architecting solutions. A pleasure to work with and always keen to share his knowledge and promote inter-team learning.Dan Donegan CTO
I had the pleasure to work with Fabio when I started working on a challenging project with crazy requirements (FusePump's internal real-time tracking and reporting tool). I needed to expand my team and he stood out among the new hires, so I wanted to work with me. Fabio impressed me by his manner of carrying out his tasks with competency, accuracy and punctuality. His best strengths are the ability to quickly pick up on new technologies and/or frameworks he's not even ever heard about, and the fact that you'll never need to explain to him the requirements a second time. His coding is driven by genuine passion. Also, I shouldn't leave out the fact that I've never seen a developer cover their code with unit tests as much as Fabio does. Definitely a top of the game developer, and a friend.Samuele Artuso Team Leader
Fabio has a deep understanding of the platform, the language, its synthax and all the tricks you can take advantage of to solve unhandy situations: from a low-level perspective, he has skills like no PHP developer I've ever seen.
Additionally, in the last 2 and a half years he made a really vauable experience with the symfony framework, which has been his daily basis for writing webapps here at DNSEE.
He's also making experiments with new technologies, like Mongo, and in the last 2 years I've seen him turning into a really good PHP developer, after coming from the old PHP school.
I would definitely hire him in my next team, as you'll always need guys like him during every kind of projects' lifecycle: when he works under a lead, his commitment is a goldmine.Alessandro Nadalin Team Leader
Working with Fabio is stimulating. He has great talent in the programming and development jobs.
His excellent technical skill give him, and the team where is working, high speed development, and he is able to understand the problems related to a project development.
Curious and passionate new technologies, Fabio like to find new way to solve the issues that have been entrusted.
Deep knowledge of Internet, Fabio can follow the most difficult solution with high concentration and an overview of the problem.
These quality give the opportunity to all the team to learn new techniques, and new ways to solve the daily issues.Francesco Contini Software Architect